Crete travel guide (things to do and see during vacation)
If you are planning a lazy All-Inclusive vacation in Crete, but still want to see a little bit of the culture, here are top 5 activities which will not take more than half a day.
1. Rent a Quad and explore the nearby traditional villages. Many tourists in Crete commute with squad (like me in a picture). Renting a squad is cheap, it consumes very little fuel, and makes a lot of fun.
2. Go snorkeling. As sea water is crystal clear, you will see many beautiful and different fish. Alternatively, just observe the water and you will see some of the fish very close to the beach.
3. Visit the capital of the island Heraklion. Heraklion is the largest city and the administrative capital of the island of Crete. It’s also the fourth largest city in Greece. If you like shopping, there are Zara and H&M like stores, some expensive brand also are present.
4. Visit palace of Knossos. Knossos is the largest Bronze Age archaeological site on Crete and is considered Europe’s oldest city. The palace is located 5 km south-east of the city of Heraklion
5. Try s Nutella pancakes. Very popular street food and also delicious.
So these are my suggested activities for vacation in Crete. Are you planning your vacation in Crete? If you have any question about Crete, leave a comment below and I will be happy to answer.